Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pig Dog Studios (i)

I used to share studio space in Dublin a few years ago. These are some shots of a piece I made taken by my friend Kate O Brien during our time there. We staged the shoot together and these are some of the results, modeled by my cousin Erica.

It's the first finished sculptural/accessory/fashion piece I ever made and probably the most personal and emotionally motivated.  My degree collection is based on a film as was my third year statement collection so have not been exercised to the same personal level. The energy I once put into the concept I have, while in college, put into the technical side of things in terms of designing, illustrating, pattern making and finishing. Enthusiasm allowing, I hope to return to more personal narratives in the future.








No comments:

Post a Comment