Friday, December 6, 2013

Trans-Formation

While doing my masters I've been giving a lot of thought to briefs that I did in my undergrad. My process, how I personalised them, disrupted them and the mistakes I made. I can always do better. I'm considering how all this can inform the work I'm doing given the change in environment. This project was a third year project from my degree called Transformation. The objective was to take two old garments de-construct them and produce a collection based on each piece. I personalised this by creating a narrative for the execution of the illustrations. I did some research into some of Leigh Bowery's work and how he re-appropriated female gender stereotypes by exaggerating proportions and changing the silhouette. I was thinking along the lines of 'Trans-gender' and 're-Formation' which fit nicely for me into what was for the most part a technical brief.


                                            




No comments:

Post a Comment